eSIM is a digital SIM embedded in your phone that allows you to activate a mobile number without using a physical SIM. The new Samsung Galaxy Fold, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max and iPhone XR feature a dual SIM (Nano-SIM and an eSIM).
Your iPhone eSIM acts as a primary individual account while your Apple Watch eSIM is a secondary connection linked to your primary account.
You can have two different phone lines, one for business and the other for personal use, without worrying about carrying two separate phones.
An eSIM can accommodate multiple phone numbers which you can add, delete and configure right from your phone’s settings. In contrast, a physical SIM needs to be physically removed and replaced.
You can add lines from two different carriers if your phone is unlocked. However, if your phone is locked, both plans must be from the same carrier.
Yes, you can add multiple eSIM accounts on your unlocked phone from the same or different carriers. However, only one can be active at a time.
Yes, all of your existing services and tariffs will exist on your new eSIM.
Yes, it will work even if your phone is roaming.
1. Subscribe to eSIM by visiting any Etisalat outlet.
2. Get a QR code – this code can either be generated using My Etisalat UAE app (existing number) or provided by an Etisalat agent (new number)
3. Scan the QR code on the phone you would like to have the eSIM on
- Insert your physical SIM to your phone
- Log in to the My Etisalat UAE app
- Select “Activate your eSIM” option on the app
- Confirm your eSIM activation
- Once you select this option, your physical SIM will be deactivated
- You will get your QR code
- Share this QR code with another device, as it requires scanning it from your phone
From your iPhone
Make sure your iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max or iPhone XR is updated to iOS 12.1 and above
Once your eSIM is activated, your physical SIM will be deactivated. You can safely discard it.
Yes, your eSIM activation on your phone will be lost. You will need to visit an Etisalat outlet again to reactivate your subscription to the eSIM and to get a new QR code.
In case you shared the QR code with an untrusted account by mistake – before you activated the QR code on your phone – please call 101 or visit any Etisalat store to deactivate it to stop someone else from scanning the code.
Yes, you can always replace your eSIM with your physical SIM by visiting any Etisalat store. You will be charged a SIM replacement fee of AED 25 (5% VAT excluded).
If you lose your QR code before scanning it, please call 101 or visit any Etisalat outlet to deactivate it to stop someone else from scanning the code.
If you are an existing Multi SIM user, you can replace only one physical SIM with an eSIM at a time.
No, WhatsApp will work only for one mobile number on your phone.