The etisalat Internet Calling Plans allow Prepaid and Postpaid users as well as eLife home users to make free unlimited voice and video calls with anyone in the world using one of the available supported apps – HiU Messenger, BOTIM and C’Me – in the App Store and Google Play Store. You can subscribe to either, or both, of the Internet Calling Plans below:
• Internet Calling Plan for Mobile: Use this plan with your mobile data package (Prepaid or Postpaid) to make voice and video calls while on the move
• Internet Calling Plan for eLife: make voice and video calls from your eLife home Wi-Fi network
• For mobile users, subscribe to the Internet Calling Plan through My Etisalat UAE app or texting 'ICP' to 1012
• For eLife Home users, subscribe to the Internet Calling Plan through:
- My Etisalat UAE app
- calling 125 from your home landline
- calling 101 or texting 'EICP' to 1012 from your mobile number that is registered with your eLife account
• Download any of the registered supported apps available in the Apple App Store or Google Play Store
• You are ready to access unlimited voice and video calls, as well as texting anyone who has the same application, across the globe.
It’s important to remember:
- All devices connected to the eLife home Wi-Fi will be able to use the supported apps with an active eLife Internet Calling Plan subscription
- If you are using the Mobile Internet Calling Plan, the data consumption will be charged from your mobile data package
• All Mobile Prepaid & Postpaid users – consumer and business
• All eLife Home Wi-Fi users
Mobile Internet Calling Plan: AED 50 per month.
• Prepaid: The fee is deducted from your mobile account and the plan is valid for 30 days. The service is automatically renewed and will remain active until you choose to unsubscribe.
• Postpaid: The fee is billed monthly and the service is automatically renewed and will remain active until you choose to unsubscribe. When you add the plan for the first time, you will be charged on a prorated basis until the end of your bill cycle.
eLife Internet Calling Plan: AED 100 per month
• eLife: The fee is billed monthly and the service is automatically renewed and will remain active until you choose to unsubscribe. When you add the plan for the first time, you will be charged on a prorated basis until the end of your bill cycle
Data consumption rates are based on the call quality, which is determined by internet speed.
Unfortunately no, it does not grant you free data and you will be charged for the data consumption used by the supported apps from your existing Postpaid and/or Prepaid data service.
Yes, the Internet Calling Plan works with any of the mobile data packages on Etisalat mobile Postpaid or Prepaid services. Please ensure that you have an active mobile data package.
Yes, you can use your Mobile Internet Calling Plan while roaming on etisalat mobile data. Data will be charged at standard roaming rates or from your data roaming package, if you have subscribed to it.
No, only etisalat users should subscribe to any of the Internet Calling Plans, whether Mobile or eLife. The users outside of the UAE, whom you want to call or text, only need to download the same supported app.
1. Make sure to download one of the supported applications – HiU Messenger, BOTIM and C’Me – that you wish to use
2. Ask you friends and family members to download the same app
3. Make sure that both users have an internet connection
4. As etisalat users, you both need to make sure that you are subscribe to one of the Internet Calling plans that fits you
5. You can now start making and receiving calls
No, the Internet Calling Plans are available either for eLife home broadband accounts and can only be used on your home Wi-Fi, or Mobile users and can be used with your data packages.
Yes, you can use applications’ functionalities although the voice and video calling option will not work.
ICP is available for Social Data users through one of the following options:
● Use the messaging feature only of HiU Messenger, BOTIM and C’Me, without subscribing to ICP.
● Enable video/audio calling features, when they subscribe to ICP.
Yes, if the Internet Calling Plan is active on the eLife account, then all users of the supported apps connected to that Wi-Fi can make voice and video calls.
Yes, you can subscribe to both types of the Internet Calling Plans at the same time and you will be charged for each plan separately.
For mobile subscribers:
- Via My Etisalat UAE app
- Texting 'CCP' to 1012
For eLife Home subscribers:
- Via My Etisalat UAE app
- Texting 'C EICP' to 1011
Note: Once you have unsubscribed from your Internet Calling Plan, the service will be cancelled immediately and there will be no rental fee refund.
Some Android devices have an option to restrict notifications or background activities of apps due to battery optimisation features. Please make sure your battery optimisation function is off if your device has such feature. Also, please make sure you enable floating and lock screen notifications.
If the contact number is registered to more than one eLife account, the request will be rejected. You can use any other activation channels.
You will lose ICP add-on and you should subscribe once more after migration takes place.
Yes, Just choose "Show iPad & iPhone Apps" in the iPad App store.
Currently, only HiU Messenger, BOTIM and C’Me meet UAE regulatory framework requirements to offer VoIP calling within UAE. New VoIP apps may be added to the list of supported apps once they meet the requirements.
Yes, it will work on all SIM cards.