Digital signage is a sub-segment of electronic signage. It uses technologies such as LCD, LED, projection and e-paper to display digital images, video, web pages, weather data, restaurant menus, or text. In public spaces, transportation systems, museums, stadiums, retail stores, hotels, restaurants and corporate buildings among others, these signs are used as a network of electronic displays that are centrally managed and individually addressable for the display of text, animated or video messages for advertising, information, entertainment and merchandising to targeted audiences.
It has been around for a while now as technologies and capabilities change so does the capacity to tailor-make these messages and help businesses access and explore this digital advertising medium that builds brand awareness by communicating your products and services through high-quality videos and graphics.
So how can you take advantage of this?
- ● Check out where your audience is and find the right digital signage and how to manage the content on these signs. Most commonly used in malls and cinemas, the use of digital signage is widely used by retail to share updates and news about your brand where your audience is.
- Explore a digital advertising medium that builds brand awareness by communicating your products and services through high-quality videos and graphics. With the rapid rise of graphics everywhere, a visual message tends to grab your audience’s attention more.
- Depending on the audience, the season and special occasions, you might want to change your message and find a system that will help you manage this, efficiently and accurately. There are digital signage management systems that allow you to take advantage of this growing segment including managing the messaging with powerful Content Management System (CMS) that controls and publishes your content on display screens across multiple sites. Etisalat offers these as part of their digital marketing packages.
- A good CMS should offer you
- Display management that will allow for easy registration, remote management and support displays of any size, resolution or orientation. These days this can be done remotely or on the cloud.
- It will allow you to upload multiple images and videos of various type, resolution and size and manage these assets seamlessly and at any time, allowing a good marketeer to be agile and responsive.
- Manage the layout and composition, allowing you to choose or create your screen layout, add bespoke playlist content, and choose from a variety of available templates.
- Schedule daily, weekly or monthly updates and changes or manage dynamic changes to messages and visuals that will allow you to incorporate real-time, relevant and informative content (e.g. current news, current time and weather) in your display screens with a variety of compatible Apps.
- Supported high definition images & 4K video
A good, easy to use CMS like Etisalat’s empowers users to edit content and make swift changes, connect multiple screens across multiple sites with a single seamless experience. Providers like Etisalat have a team to make it easy to deploy, configure, manage, and support Digital Signage solution.