Etisalat Group is one of the world’s leading telecom groups in emerging markets. With consolidated net revenue at AED 51.7 billion and consolidated net profit of AED 9.0 billion for 2020, its high credit ratings reflect the company’s strong balance sheet and proven long-term performance.
Headquartered in Abu Dhabi, Etisalat was established over four decades ago in the UAE as the country’s first telecommunications service provide
A blue-chip organisation, Etisalat Group provides innovative solutions and services to 155.4 million subscribers in 16 countries across the Middle East, Asia and Africa.
Etisalat has been ranked as the world’s strongest telecom brand by Brand Finance. Etisalat not only retained its AAA brand rating but also its position in MEA as the strongest brand across all categories and the most valuable brand portfolio.
The Emirates Telecommunication Corporation is founded.
Emirates Telecommunications Corporation launches the Middle East's first mobile network.
The ownership structure changes – the UAE government gets a 60% share in the company, with the remaining 40% traded publicly.
Etisalat establishes the Etisalat University College to create a talent pool of engineers to drive its future growth.
The UAE central government issues Federal Law No. 1, which gives the corporation the right to provide wired and wireless telecommunications services in the country, and between the UAE and other countries.
The Middle East's first GSM service is introduced in the UAE. Etisalat also launches Emirates Data Clearing House, providing a complete suite of solutions to GSM operators.
Internet services are rolled out across the country, another first in the region. Etisalat opens its SIM card factory, Ebtikar, a leading provider of smart card solutions.
Mobile subscribers exceed the 1 million mark as mobile data services is introduced using eWap.
Etisalat subscribers reach 2 million. It develops its mobile network to offer GPRS.
Etisalat launches the Middle East’s first 3G network and offers MMS services to its customers.
Etisalat wins second licence to operate in Saudi Arabia, thereby introducing Etihad Etisalat – Mobily. It also buys a stake in Canar – a new fixed line operator in Sudan.
UAE mobile subscribers exceed 6.7 million and internet penetration crosses 60% mark. Etisalat introduces mobile TV.
Etisalat successfully acquires a stake in Swan Telecom, which is later renamed Etisalat DB. This ensures Etisalat's entrance to India, consolidating its presence in the Asian subcontinent.
Etisalat deploys new services across its fibre network including 3DTV. This makes the UAE one of the first five countries in the world to offer this service. It also starts offering faster mobile broadband speeds using HSPA+ and announces commercial trials of LTE.
Empowerment involves the ability to enable people at all levels to take ownership, be motivated and act appropriately to achieve the deﬁned organisational, group, and team objectives. It requires clarity on what has to be achieved, to what standard, within what timeframe and budget, and then accountability for delivery.
Agility is the ability to respond quickly by adapting to, and working in, a variety of situations with diverse individuals and groups. It is about being able to think and respond differently, and not be disconcerted or stopped by the unexpected, thus achieving a fast response time.
Collaboration is about working cooperatively, across organisational levels and unit boundaries, recognising and adapting to different ways and styles of working to achieve common and shared goals.
Customer centricity is the willingness and ability to give priority to customers, delivering high-quality services and providing a great end-to-end customer journey which exceeds their needs and expectations.