Important to know
The must-know details about this service
Who is eligible
- Customers who purchase any of the latest iPhone 12, iPhone 12 mini , iPhone 12 Pro or iPhone 12 Pro Max on a smartpay plan will be eligible to join the program
- Subscription is applicable at the time of signing the contract
- Subscription to Upgrade Anytime program will be available until 30 April 2021 only.
You need to be an existing subscriber of the Upgrade Anytime program to be eligible for an upgrade:
- Existing subscribers of iPhone 11 and iPhone 12 with a valid contract will be able to upgrade to the latest iPhone 12 until August 2021.
- Subscribers of Upgrade Anytime with old Samsung models such as Samsung Galaxy S20, S20+ and S20 Ultra are not eligible for an upgrade
- Existing Upgrade Anytime subscribers with iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, or iPhone 11 Pro Max can return their old devices and upgrade to the latest iPhone 12 models only
- New Upgrade Anytime subscribers with iPhone 12, iPhone mini, iPhone 12 Pro, or iPhone 12 Pro Max can return their devices and upgrade to the latest iPhone 12 models only after completing 90 days of their subscription
- Subscribers of Upgrade Anytime with old iPhone models such as iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max and iPhone XR are not eligible for an upgrade.
- Subscribers of Upgrade Anytime with old Samsung models are not eligible for an upgrade.
Broken Screen Fee Option
BROKEN SCREEN FEE: is a new option allowing customers at the time of purchasing the device with Upgrade Anytime Program to upgrade even if the device has chips and cracks.
- The customer can pay AED 200 only onetime charge , non-refundable and be eligible to return the device with Broken Screen condition with no additional charges
- This option will be only available at the time of purchasing the new iPhone with Upgrade Anytime Program
Frequently asked questions
At the time of upgrade, you will be required to return your old device on which a few inspections will be applied.
Please make sure of the following:
- It is possible to switch on and off the device
- Have an access and are able to retrieve the old IMEI (device serial) when pressing *#06#
- IMEI should match the old device purchased
- Free from Locking features including PIN locks and Find My iPhone
- The old device does not have chips and cracks on front glass, liquid damage, bent devices, swollen battery, lifting of front glass dis-coloured display, water damage, connector damage or faulty or broken SIM reader) or missing any of its original parts
- IMEI can be checked (LCD damage/burning/bleeding/halos/discolored screens make it impossible for IMEI to be checked)
- End user data should be backed up and wiped before returning the device
Etisalat will evaluate the Old device acceptance condition and subscription to Broken screen fee. It is Etisalat’s full discretion to consider whether an Old Smartphone is in a good condition or not.
Broken Screen Condition:
- It is possible to switch on the Old Smartphone and have access to the Old Smartphone’s IMEI number by pressing *#06# (the IMEI should match the Old Smartphone originally purchased)
- The Old Smartphone functions normally, for example, it is capable of making and receiving calls and connecting to the internet and the touchscreen functions properly
- The Old Smartphone is provided with a fully functioning battery.(Battery can’t be swollen)
- The Old Smartphone is not missing any parts or does not have disassembled, customized or non-original parts. Minor parts such as power button, volume button, home button can be missing
- Front Glass can have different kinds scratches, Chips and cracks front glass; but LCD Screen must have no damage or Bleeding
If you are in any doubt, you are advised to contact us before arranging your upgrade visit.
How does it work
Now, follow these few steps and get ready for your new phone with Upgrade Anytime Program after competing 90 days.
Step 1: join the program
- Purchase the latest phone on SmartPay contract
- Join the program
- Wait for 90 days only
Step 2: get your device ready
- Make sure your device is in working conditions*
- Back up the data on your old device as you will be required to wipe all data on the phone before returning it
- Take a note of all passwords and locking features on the devices and remove any passwords or pins on the phone (including iCloud and Find My iPhone)
Step 3: visit our store
- Visit any of our upgrade locations*
- Simple inspections will be made in store*
- If accepted, return your old devices after backing up your data
- Get the new device on your new SmartPay contract & join the program again.