To be able to send Email2SMS messages from your email client you need to configure it to use SMTP authentication. Depending on which email client software you are using, configuration steps may vary. For details on configuring your email client, please follow the steps below. For webmail client at www.etisalat.ae/mymail, no configuration is required.
For MS Outlook
1. From the main toolbar menu, select Tools > Email Accounts
2. Select view or change existing email accounts and click Next
3. Select the name of your EIM Mail account and click Change
4. Under Server information, enter exmail.emirates.net.ae in the Outgoing mail server (SMTP) field, then click on More Settings.
5. Select the Outgoing Server tab, and check the box My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication
6. Select Use same settings as my incoming mail server and click OK
7. Click Next, then click Finish.
For Outlook Express
1. From the main toolbar menu select Tools > Accounts
2. Under the Mail tab, select your EIM Mail account and click Properties
3. Select the Servers tab and change the Outgoing Mail (SMTP) field to exmail.emirates.net.ae
4. Check the box My server requires authentication and click on Settings
5. Select Use same settings as my incoming mail server
6. Click OK and then Close